Everyone fights to be on the first page of the Google search results. But sometimes it’s not cool. One of the cases when it’s not cool is when you introduce a bug that causes a link to your blog to pop up on the first page of the Google search results. Can it be worse? How about the link to your blog being not only on the first page of the Google search results but also *the only* link on the Google search results. Can it be even worse? How about the only result not only in Google but in Bing as well (Hey http://bingiton.com, it’s a tie: ). Sure, it will add some traffic to your blog but it’s a bad kind of traffic. Desperate people looking for a solution to a problem that seemingly can be solved by only one guy on this planet. Now, I feel unique. Unfortunately in a bad sense. Why? Because a bug that was in T4 templates for generating views for CodeFirst apps made all the above a true story. When the templates were used on Visual Studio 2012 the user would get the an exception saying: “The default target Entity Framework version requires the edmx schema version 184.108.40.206 or lower. The specified schema is version 220.127.116.11. To avoid this warning specify the target Entity Framework version explicitly.” (now Google and Bing should show two results 😉 ). I noticed this the first time when I wanted to show the integration of Visual Studio and Visual Studio Gallery to my sister. Then it was reported by a reader as a comment to the first post on view generation and code first I wrote some time ago. Then I saw it more and more often in search engine terms in the stats of this blog. Today I finally found some time to fix the bug and update the templates to the Visual Studio Gallery. I tested the fix on Visual Studio 2012 (C# and VB.NET projects, both targeting .NET Framework 4.5 and .NET Framework 4) and on Visual Studio 2010 (C# and VB.NET project, targeting .NET Framework 4) and did not get the exception anymore. The new templates have version 1.0.1. If you installed version 1.0.0 you probably need to uninstall the old templates (Tools → Extensions and Updates) and install new ones. I have not tried installing new templates without uninstalling old ones – it may or may not work. If you hit any new problems let me know.